Re: air bags

My freind in S Carolina is in the hospital in a coma. He was broadsided by a truck and the rh side bags did not deploy.

Model and year. please. Hope he survives and recovers quickly. Seamus J. Wilson

thats awful to hear, was he in the passenger seat?maybye wassnt enough force to trigger the air bags, i hope he had his seat belt on. hope he makes a full recovery

Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he makes a full recovery. It's difficult to say why the side airbags didn't deploy without seeing photos of the car. I would say it most likely didn't meet the threshold to deploy the airbags. Unfortunately, even with side airbags an impact in that area can easily result in serious injury. There are only side airbags for the front seats, they don't offer head protection yet unless it is an 06 Sonata with curtain airbags. The Accent & Elantra have had side airbags in the front seats since 01 so I'm assuming it was probably one of those models? Those models do not have airbags for rear seat occupants.