Re: Hey Matt, did you freeze today?

Yeah, I've been noticing that... I like that I can run it from my USB stick though :)
TheChris wrote:

If you're somehow attempting to reply to my comment about Xnews, you should know that Mozilla Thunderbird, as well as Firefox both are available as portable apps that will run off of a thumb drive. I run both on a 2GB thumb drive on the work box 10 hours a day, 4 days a week w/o a hitch.
Google portable apps.

Yeah, I use ALL the Portable Apps - even 'Mac on a Stick' :)
Which are you using as a NewsReader?
TheChris wrote:

currently using Thunderbird on this 2 gig stick. nice for work, ya pull the thign out and no residual left behind for prying eyes :-) i'm using T-bird also on a linux box as well as the xp boxes and laptop. i've played with just about all of the newsreader apps over the years. for solid dependable service T-bird does it for me. may stem back to my beta testing days of netscape navigator and communicator ;) i haven't looked but there may even be a sea monkey portable app out there also. i currently use Pan also. like x-news (IIRC) it handles multi-part binaries where as T-bird doesn't.

Me too... I take Newsreaders VERY personally :) I only thought Thunderbird did mail.. Doesn't the mail portion of it bloat up the app?
I grew up with all the Unix apps... vi, edlin - so, I like thing that look like xnews...I'll look into Pan... Thanks.
The Chris wrote:

Some. Price of convenience I suppose. It's certainly not a cpu hog in any manner.

Ever mess around w/ Tin? http://www.tin.org /
here's a 'few' others. http://www.newsreaders.com/unix/utilities.html