Hyundai Accent 2002 manual transmission . Wiper problems

Hello My windshield wipers stopped working after I cleaned them off after a snowstorm . I can hear the motor running but the wiper blades do not move. I believe they have become disconnected from the linkage or motor . My question is how do I remove the cowling to access the linkage ? Any other thoughts you have on this problem is greatly appreciated .

Regards Mason

Reply to
MASON

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:58:51 -0800 (PST), MASON cast forth these pearls of wisdom...:

The wiper arm secures to the shaft by a nut. Make sure the nuts are not loose. Hard to believe both would be loose at the same time, but if your wipers were frozen up when you turned them on, it is quite likely they would have spun against the nuts and loosened them.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

How did you clean them off? Turn the wipers on when they were frozen in ice?

Matt

Reply to
Voyager