What I did today.....

Was that before or after you plagiarised Apple.com for your webpage graphics?

Reply to
Conor

SteveH's website has been like that for ages now. From what he's posted I gather that he put the bike together today. So I am going to suggest that it was after.

I've just realised that it's not always what you say Conor, its the way you *always* say it that gets people's backs up, you big fat no-brains ignorant yorkie munching bollock. (c:

Anyway, AIUI, if you're feeling lazy and you use some web page buildy feature of MacOS, you can choose from several themes for the website you just cheated at and that's one of them.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

*ding*
Reply to
SteveH

ROFLMAO..priceless. The clown even agrees that he can't think for himself...

Reply to
Conor

As a lorry driver, I've been called worse.

Reply to
Conor

Making a concious descision not to code a page in HTML by hand isn't free thought?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

People don't think you're a csnt because you're a lorry driver, they think you're a csnt because you're a csnt.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

John Greystrong wrote in news:tezqg.86371 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net:

What the f*ck is a CSNT????

Reply to
Tunku

See above?

Reply to
DervMan

Is there a point to this post, because if there is, I appear to have missed it.

Reply to
SteveH

What was the point of this err 'point' ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Fsck knows.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Bike in a box! I know almost nothing about motorcycles and have never even heard of hongdou before. Please tell me more: how long did it take to build, how much are they, where are they from (China?), where did you buy it, spec of the bike, how it rides, what it's like to run & insure, etc. Just freeform waffle would be good.

Reply to
Madge O'Reene

It's taken me about 4 hours to build so far, but it's not quite finished yet.

Yes, it's made in China - you can buy them on ebay for £700, delivered to your door.

It's a 200cc engine, top speed around 75mph and *very* tall. I can't touch the floor on it!

Dunno about running and insurance - it'll go on my existing (big) bike policy so will probably cost me nothing to insure.

Riding, I'll let you know when I get it finished and registered.

Reply to
SteveH

Does everything fit first time? Certainly, most kit cars are pretty ropey and so much has to be adjusted (read: hammered) to make it right.

Just taken a browse on ebay. *tempted* but my partner would not be keen on me getting a bike :(

What are the biggest engines they do?

Tell me more about registration: I see some say certificate of conformity (so just register then?) and some save SVA. Are bike SVAs any easier/harder than car SVAs?

Reply to
Madge O'Reene

Most things fit, but the bodywork takes a bit of persuasion to fit!

200cc is the biggest.

These things don't need an SVA as they're under an 'off road motorcycle' category which bypasses the SVA regulations. My paperwork should arrive in the post today, so I don't fully understand what comes with it yet. I do know that it's a relatively simple case of taking the right documents to the local DVLA office, paying the £38 new registration fee and £30 for tax, then I'll be allocated a reg. number - all I need then is to have a plate made up and I'm set to go.

Reply to
SteveH

That doesn't surprise me.

Reply to
Conor

Looks like fun. Reminds me of my first bike. Have you got any decent offroad areas to try it on?

Reply to
Conor

They're so much cheaper than, say, an Enfield. What's are the closest competition? Are these about as cheap as they get? If there are cheaper bikes, how do they compare? How do these compare to say, the closest Honda?

And 50cc monkey bikes the smallest?

Interesting! So what constitutes an "off road motorcycle" then? Flappy plastic mud guards and nobbly tyres? A minimum ground clearance?

Please keep us posted.

Reply to
Madge O'Reene