Santa Fe won't restart after fillup

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe with the middle sized engine. After fillup, friends car won't restart. Cranks OK, just won't start. After sitting a while, and cranking, it eventually starts and runs
fine. She's tired of getting stuck blocking a pump at the gas station. Any ideas?

My guess would be that the purge control valve is stuck open. In this case, what happens during fill-up is that fuel vapors are forced from the fuel tank into the intake manifold, effectively flooding the engine.

Pull up as far as she can so when it does not start, it is easy to push it away from the pumps. Glad I could help.

**Trunk monkeys.
kaboomie