Traction control questions 99 sonata

Hi,

I just got this car about 2 weeks ago, so I am unfamiliar with the way this traction control is suppose to work and sound.

Here's what I have: When starting on a slippery surface, the traction control light (TCS) comes on and flashes while engaging. When it engages and goes from wheel to wheel you can hear it engaging and unengaging but it sounds kind of like a gear grind while this happens (kind of like a wratchet on the backswing)...is that normal-the flashing light and gearmesh sound? when driving on a road and I hit a patch of snow or somthing, I don't hear any gearmeshing sound, and the TCS light illuminates and flashes while the TCS is engaged.

Reply to
99trooper

It all sounds pretty normal. The light flashing you see indicates the TCS is actually doing something active at the time. The noise you describe is the TCS activating the ABS. It's entirely possible that when driving along, you may not have encountered a condition that caused the TCS to engage ABS to assist, although the TCS may be limiting engine power at that time.

Reply to
hyundaitech