Stability/Traction control failure light on 99 XJ8

Hi,

The warning Traction Control Failure and Stability control failure come on intermittently on a 99 XJ8 I own. The abs light comes on at the same time too.

Does anyone know what it might be? Is there fluid I could check or anyone come across this?

Thanks

Reply to
Avis Merrihead

I too have a 99 XJ8 4.0 unsupercharged and the same thing has happened on at least two occasions in the past when there was no obvious problem with the basic functioning of the car. On both occasions the problem went away when the engine was stopped and restarted.

Regards

Bob Wilk>Hi,

Reply to
bob

Yes that is normal; these systems are interconnected.

With so many electro-mechanical devices "knowing" what is wrong becomes difficult. What is happening is the computer has sensed something not within a set threshold or sometimes a momentary failure.

What is needed is to interface with computer and retrieve any error codes. Checking fluids is always a good idea....

Gruss, Blake

Reply to
DieInterim

Thanks Blake,

Just had it serviced so see how it goes.

Reply to
Paul A Brown