Wheel corrosion 2002 Santa Fe

I just had a puncture repaired on my 2002 Santa Fe (45,000 miles) and was told by the tire dealer that because of wheel corrosion the tire/wheel will not hold air. Anyone else have similar experiences? Is
this a warranty issue I should take up with my Hyundai dealer? (My bumper to bumper is 6 years/72,000 miles).
Richard
Richard wrote:

No, never had that problem. Yes, I'd expect the warranty to cover it.
Matt
Thanks Matt. I'm dropping off the wheel at the dealer tomorrow. I also have to ask them to replace the long bolt that holds the spare tire carrier secure. In the 4.5 years that I've owned the car I have never used the spare. The bolt had rusted and snapped when I tried to loosen it. And I thought these things only happened at night in the rain on a dark country road!
Richard
Matt Whiting wrote:

I heard from my dealer this morning that Hyundai is replacing all 5 rims on my Santa Fe. They said it is a 'good will' warranty replacement. I just feel the rims were defective since even the unused (until now) spare is showing the same corrosion. No matter. Since they are being replaced I am satisfied.
Richard
Matt Whiting wrote:

Good to hear that they are taking care of customers.

I had it happen many years ago with a steel wheel. Of course, that was in my school days when the (recap) tire was probably worth more than the rest of the car anyway.