Wheel corrosion 2002 Santa Fe

I just had a puncture repaired on my 2002 Santa Fe (45,000 miles) and was told by the tire dealer that because of wheel corrosion the tire/wheel will not hold air. Anyone else have similar experiences? Is this a warranty issue I should take up with my Hyundai dealer? (My bumper to bumper is 6 years/72,000 miles).

Richard

Reply to
Richard

No, never had that problem. Yes, I'd expect the warranty to cover it.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Thanks Matt. I'm dropping off the wheel at the dealer tomorrow. I also have to ask them to replace the long bolt that holds the spare tire carrier secure. In the 4.5 years that I've owned the car I have never used the spare. The bolt had rusted and snapped when I tried to loosen it. And I thought these things only happened at night in the rain on a dark country road!

Richard

Matt Whit>

Reply to
Richard

I had it happen many years ago with a steel wheel. Of course, that was in my school days when the (recap) tire was probably worth more than the rest of the car anyway.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I heard from my dealer this morning that Hyundai is replacing all 5 rims on my Santa Fe. They said it is a 'good will' warranty replacement. I just feel the rims were defective since even the unused (until now) spare is showing the same corrosion. No matter. Since they are being replaced I am satisfied.

Richard

Matt Whit>

Reply to
Richard

Good to hear that they are taking care of customers.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski