92 rodeo won't run.

okay hoping someone can help out a bit. what it is my brother-inlaw has a 92 rodeo with like over 200,000 miles on it i told him how to replace the timing chain on it because it jumped time. upon replacing it he put the
battery on it backwards and tried to start it well he said it turned over then started smoking etc. i went out there to look at it and forgot my ohm meter. hooked it up right replacing battery cables etc. and tried to start it. won't do nothing but trun over. it dosen't suplie power to the fuel pump or fire has no spark. he has a crudy service manual that doesn't have the wiring diagram dose anyone know right off hand what it would have blown or burnt up. checked all fuses and relays their good. thanks for the help a head of time. heath nelson.