can someone help?

lets see. my clutch cable broke a couple weeks ago, and i got that all straightened out. although, its a little loose and makes the clutch do a whistling sound at idle. how do i fix this? around the time the cable broke, my cruise control and door speakers went out as well. any ideas on either of these. im new to saab and dont know where to start. im going on a trip at the end of the month and would like to have all this fixed up beore then. thanks.

dave

97 saab 900SE turbo
Reply to
thealmightyandpowerfuldave

Sounds like you don't have any free-play in the cable/clutch, and that the bearing is contacting the pressure plate. You want to fix that sooner rather than later.

If there's an adjustment on that cable, revisit how you adjusted it. You should have free-play so that the pedal moves a bit before it starts the contact between that throw-out bearing and the clutch pressure plate, and I don't think you have that clearance.

Sorry to be vague, but the last clutch-cabled Saab I own is from 1964, and I suspect that the mechanism is different in yours ;)

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

hey thanks. i fiddled with it a bit, and so far, i havent heard the noise. thanks.

dave