Trooper 98, Transmission case wet with oil seepage.

Guys:
I noticed that the transmission case is sort of wet with what seems to be seepage and not a leak.
Can someone explain what this means.
Thanks.
john
John Alam wrote:

I can't say for sure that your problem is similar to mine but I had the same sort of problem with my 93. It started out as wet around the tranny and after quite a long time began to drip. My regular mechanic identified a couple of locations that were leaking on the tranny and suggested a tranny shop.
To make a long story short, it turns out that the section of radiator responsible for cooling the tranny fluid was clogged which causes the tranny to over heat and blow out the seals. Unfotuanly the tranny shop didn't realize this until after the seals failed a second time. The solution was a to rebuild the tranny and add an external tranny cooler. It was a very long and frustrating experience and for reason not explained here, I can tell you I'll never use that tranny shop again.
--

Rob

I had this problem fixed for about $300.00. It was a seal on the transfer case. Make sure they have the seal before you go. Make sure they have in-hand. Once they remove the seal, they cannot put it back. If they cannot get one that day, you are without a car until they do.
john