1988 jaguar xj 6 "No heat"

I purchased a 1988 jaguar xj6 that was sitting outside for a year without being run. The panel has all the lights illuminated on it and it sounds like the motors are coming on but it doesnt blow any air at all. When the car is driving on the road you can feel heat coming out of the vents. Has anybody came across a problem like this, the previous owner said that the heater was working last year.

Reply to
Dan

Hello,

The XJ40 uses both vacuum and servo flap control, and I think it works really well. However on occassion the flaps will stick and make a disturbing popping or snapping sound as you are driving down the road.(Sound familiar guys?) Well thats one of the flaps hanging and then violently breaking free. Sometimes they dont come free.

I would first put the entire air control through its paces. De-mist hot/cold, air con hot/cold, moisture settings, fresh aire. But just dont do it quickly give it a few minutes per setting. You can remove servos and see if they work (Sometimes I would losen the mounting screws and things would work again.) Also check you vacuum hoses under the hood.

Just a start.

Blake

Reply to
DieInterim