'76 CJ5 For Sale - A STEAL

'76 CJ5 with 304, 3-speed manual transmission. Headers, full dual-exhaust running out to the rear. Everything works on this Jeep except the speedometer and sometimes the gas gauge. I'm including a new speedo cable, but it needs a housing for the cable. The gas gauge works when it feels like working, about 50% of the time. (probably a flaky ground) Everything else is operational. Very little rust to be found on this Jeep, and any that you can find will be very light surface rust. The inside is Herculined. Warn premium manual locking hubs up front. Ramsey 8000 lb winch with remote. Holley 670 Truck Avenger carb, Edelbrock performer intake. Includes bikini top, full soft-top, 2 sets of half-doors, 2 sets of full (soft) doors, windjammer. All top/door equiment is in good to very good shape. Also includes 2 high-back seats in addition to the original installed (in good shape) low-back seats. 31X10.5" tires with good tread are on this Jeep now, but I'm also including a set of 5 used 33X12.5" tires, also with good tread on them. I have invested over $5,500 in this Jeep over the last year including purchase price. Asking price is $3,500. I can be reached at this email address: travist34 at notsohotmail dot com Please remove "notso" from that address to reach me. Thanks.

Reply to
Shaggie

RoyJ

Sorry. Good question. Raleigh, North Carolina.

Reply to
Shaggie

Reply to
RoyJ

Kind of forgot to mention the engine fire, didn't you? Going back to VWs?

Reply to
Fred W.

and the spray-paint paint job :-)

Reply to
Jim85CJ

No, I didn't forget to mention the fire. Everything that was burned by it has been replaced with better parts except for the speedo cable housing which I did mention. No, didn't forget to mention the spray-paint job either. Anyone who expresses any interest in the Jeep would be shown my website that details everything I did to it. I have nothing to hide. No, not going back to VWs anytime in the near future. Going to try out a dirtbike. I may get a VW-powered rail at some point in time. I've thanked members of this group several times for their help. I'd prefer to leave on a good note, so how about you guys try to not make asses out of yourselves. Thanks.

Reply to
Shaggie

I've enjoyed all the tales on your website! Nick

Reply to
Nick N

Thanks, Nick. Sharing the stuff I do with offroading (whether it's in a VW or Jeep or whatever) is a large part of the fun of the hobby for me. I'm glad you enjoyed the website. :-)

Reply to
Shaggie

Reply to
Jim85CJ

Reply to
Jim85CJ

You know, it seems awful tough to meet everyone's standards here sometimes. People get shit for fancy paint jobs because they are considered poseurs, and then people like Travis get shit because they spray bomb their Jeep. Personally I see nothing wrong with spray bombing a Jeep if you know you are going to scratch and ding the hell out of it off road somewhere. If your paint, or whatever, meets your own personal needs, I say great. If you want to put a multi thousand dollar paint job on your Jeep, I say it is fine too. Honestly, Travis' Jeep looks better with his spray bomb job than with that ugly baby blue it was before.

Chris

Jim85CJ

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Jim, I'm sorry, I wasn't saying that you were knocking his paint. I probably shouldn't have piggybacked your post, but Travis got shit about his paint when he first did it if I recall. I guess my point was that I would like to know how a Jeep is "supposed" to be painted if a nice paint job makes you a poseur and a spray bomb job gets picked on. My point here is that most people customize their Jeep the way they want it to be, which is part of being a Jeeper. I'm not saying that 22" wheels and a lowering job should be standard for a CJ, but there is a practicality of an inexpensive paint job on a vehicle that is going to get thrashed in the brush, mud, rocks, etc. OTOH, if someone wants to spend their money on fancy paint, then I say go for it. Sorry if I made it sound like I was bashing you. In fact I was more or less agreeing with you.

Chris

twaldron

Good eal. That wasn't clear is all.

I liked your paint job. Looking forward to doiong my TJ in a similar them someday when I can justify it (read: finish scratching the crap out of the original factory green metalic)

I too have enjoyed viewing your jeep experiences on your web site.

Good plan. I highly recommend a Honda XR400R, of which I have one. It is great on any kind of trail and dirt riding, including racing (enduro or H&H) excluding moto-X.

But it is just so hard to avoid! ;-)

Good luck with the sale.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

I liked the ugly baby blue ! (not that I don't like his spray bombing).

Dave Milne

I think it must be conditioning from when I was a kid. My mother was divorced when I was quite young, and my useless dad never paid but $25 total in child support. Anyway, we had an old baby blue Ford Falcon station wagon that was one of the biggest POS's I can ever remember. Mom didn't have any money back then, and did what she could to provide for us, but to this day I associate baby blue with junky crap vehicles.

Chris

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III