CJ5-CJ7 76-86 Deluxe Stereo Security Console

Does anybody have one of these? Link:

I have 2 questions about it.

1- Can you lock the part that holds the stereo? In the pictures it looks like there's just a hinged lid over that part and that only the separate storage compartment area is lockable.

2- Is it waterproof, especially the stereo compartment part?

Thank you.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

It appears to be a Tuffy console. The answers to your questions are: (1) yes; and (2) water resistant (not designed to be submerged).

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

It's a Tuffy Brand console. The stereo lid is held down by the locking lid.

Go to the Tuffy site.

Reply to
Jeepers

Hi travis,

Sorry never seen one in person but it doesn't look like the stereo compartment is even covered.

Waterproof - not - weather resistant - probably (except for the stereo).

Sometime I just talk to hear my head rattle ;o).

-- JimG

80' CJ-7, 258 CID 35" BFG MT's on 15x10 Centerlines 4.56 D30-D44 SOA D300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn 8000i w/dual batteries LockRight F&R
Reply to
JimG

I just do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.

Reply to
Jeepers

Hello Travis,

I have on of these Tuffy consoles in my Jeep. I keep the CB radio in there.

It has a hinged lid that covers the radio and locks when the main compartment is closed and locked. When you are using the radio the small lid flips down over the front of the console.

It is definitely not waterproof (open on the bottom), but water resistant on the top.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Meyer