Aftermarket fender flares?

Anyone have any recomendation for fender flares, my daughter needs some for her YJ, not too expensive, but a freind bought some a couple months ago, looked great, went on nice, good fit, first time out he hit a tree and a

2"x4" chunk came out of flare.
Reply to
Greg

Hey Greg, All of the guys in our club that I've spoken to say that the factory flares are the best. Three of them told me that they'd crunched theirs and they popped right back out.

M'salf, I've been looking at these by Bushwhacker:

had a close up look at a set like these, don't know the brand name though. They were significantly more ridgid than the factory flares I have now. Kate

2"x4" chunk came out of flare.
Reply to
Kate

Thanks Kate, but she has a ford 9" in the back, 3" wider then stock, plus

12" tires so she needs 6"+ flares.
Reply to
Greg

"Wider than stock", "more rigid than..." You guys are making me feel old. We would never have gotten away with stuff like this, back in the nineteenth century when I was learning to read and write in that one room school house. An error like that brought a ruler across the knuckles, and quick too. No need to take offense, just trying to maintain the purity of the language.

Six inch flares on a YJ is going to look like a dual wheel three quarter ton pickup. Good luck in your search. Factory flares are the best, but they don't come in 6" to my knowledge. Maybe someone is parting out a Renegade close by.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I made her fiberglass ones a few years ago, 6", jeep looks great, but fiberglass doesn't stand up to trees. And if you are worried about grammer, you shouldn't be reading the internet.

Reply to
Greg

I worry about spelling too. "Grammar", and most literate people agree that "Internet" should be capitalized.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Now that's a keeper!

Reply to
user

Snobs is OK, it's idiots I can't stand. "Ridgid" is the name of a line of plumbing tools. "Wider then" just doesn't make sense. Well maybe, "I was wider then, but I went on a diet." That could work. If you went people to take you seriously then spell write and learn where the shift key is at.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Cheers,

Earle

I "went" people to take me seriously, to a point. Other than that I'd rather entertain them.

The internet is a place where we should be able to relax and not worry too much about who is grading our papers.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

In article , Earle Horton wrote: #I worry about spelling too. "Grammar", and most literate people agree that #"Internet" should be capitalized.

There is the Internet and there are internets. The lowercase word internet(s) can be used for small, possibly isolated, networks which are interconnected using the internet protocol. They may or may not be connected to the world-wide Internet. A good example would be banks who network their automated teller machines to other bank networks. Another would be some university research networks.

The Internet with the capital I is the world-wide network of networks of which there is only one.

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

That's the one I'm talking about. Somebody said something about grading papers. Better leave it alone or we'll be downgraded for style and ideology. :)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I can think of better criteria for taking people seriously. Granted, I wouldn't be hiring them as programmers, etc. As for the caps key, "wottahell archie, there's a dance in the old dame yet"

Earle Hort> Snobs is OK, it's idiots I can't stand. "Ridgid" is the name of a line

Reply to
Lon