fender flares on 99 4runner?

can anyone tell me if I can get color coded fender flares made in todays market that will fit a 99 4runner? Haven't bought the 4run yet but anticipate purchasing it if I can find fender flares paintable or same color? I am new to toyotas. Also, what about timing chain replacement? Engine has 90+k miles, 4 cyl w/auto trans. Seems to be good vehicle but I just figured it was about timing chain repl time. Thanks for any info.

Reply to
T Harper

We put Xenon fender flairs on our 96 4Runner (purchased at performance products, but they don't seem to have them in recent catalogs... they were a great deal though.) Installation was a breeze (I managed it fully by myself,

6 1/2 months pregnant, lol) and they are paintable. They required minimal drilling, no cutting out the fenders, and used some included all-weather adhesive tape, which after 3 years has begun to weaken just a tad if you pull at it (hubby has this thing about tugging and pushing on things to see if they're breaking...) but they are still holding fast. They give the truck a nice beefed out look without overkill, and accommodate the slightly wider tires perfectly. I have before and after photos somewhere, email me if you'd like me to dig them up.

Personally, I like how mine look left black and unpainted against my red

4Runner. I'm going to have my truck repainted in the next year and intend to keep the flares black (although, painted this time) and have the paint shop use a better adhesive method.
Reply to
Pookerz

May I suggest *not* getting them color coded? The ones on my '03 Tundra are magnets for bumping and the color shows them where a raw black would probably not, but would still achieve that complete look that flares give.

Reply to
dg

Reply to
T.B.