Canisters "Discontinued"? Kinda long :(

Well, my questions regarding the canister are probably getting a little old, so I figured I'd buy one just in case I needed one. I'd been planning on replacing vacuum lines and doing some "canister" testing this weekend. I called NAPA, they had nothing in their computer and told me to call the Dealer. Well the parts guy @ the dealership says " That'll be $78 and some change. No wait, that is a discontinued part". I say, "well that's pretty stupid seeing as that is a 'troublesome' part". He said, "I agree 100%". So where can I get one? I have been looking all over the internet. Did they discontinue it because it can be bypassed? If it can be bypassed, how hard is it. TIA. Dan

Reply to
Daniel Paisley

The YJ one is the same as the later CJ one and some folks have posted here an aftermarket supplier. Maybe do a google search?

It is called an evaporation system canister.

It is pretty impossible to 'bypass' it unless you don't mind the daily smell of raw gas all throughout your Jeep. It is the gas tank vent.

Mike

Daniel Paisley wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain