Let's see your Jeep

Anyone have any good pictures of your rig? I love seeing what other people have done to their Jeeps. In an attempt to see some of them, I've added a gallery to my website that anyone can upload to.

It's completely anonymous if you want it to be (no registration required), and you can rate any pictures there. So upload your pic, rate some others, and see how your jeep rates compared to others.

Just go to

and click on the upload filelink or go directly to
On a side note, my 84 CJ7 is down for the count. 2 months ago, driving to camp, the oil pressure gauge pegged high (yes high) about 5 miles from camp. I managed to make it to camp, found out I lost about

2 quarts of oil. Needless to say, I blew a seal on the engine. I did get the Jeep home following that after refilling the oil, lost another quart and a half that for the most part burned off the exhaust manifold as it flew down the side of the block. I'm hoping the high pressure problem is just a PCV valve, but I plan on doing a compression test on the cylinders to make sure it's nothing more severe. And I have to replace the leaking seal. But after the past year, and all the problems I've had with this engine I'm about at the point where I might just find a new small block chevy for it, and get rid of the one I have.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing some pics!

Reply to
Tim J

Sorry to hear about your Jeep. My opinion is I hate to see others Jeeps for two reasons.

  1. I just got mine and I haven't had time to get it personalized.
  2. I see all the goodys I want on mine so my pocketbook goes to crying.

lol

Joking aside, Actually I do like to see others Jeeps, it gives me a good idea of what I wanna do with mine.

Reply to
Zelix

I'm sort of the same way. I've been saving to do some major work on mine for a while, and I'm finally getting close to the point where I can. So, that's why I want to get some good ideas from other people's jeeps.

The past 2 years looking at Quadratec and Tellico4x4 catalogs were definitely painful though!

Reply to
Tim J

Good luck with your Jeep. I just put a couple of pictures in the Jeep section. Thanks for providing a space, it would be great to know what each group member is driving.

Reply to
nrs

Thanks. I'm going to try and get the CJ back and kicking before I put it away for the winter.

Question for you NRS. Where was that picture taken with the mountains in the background? Looks like a sweet spot.

Reply to
Tim J

High oil pressure should not cause a seal to blow. That would be caused by high crankcase pressure.

I did

PCV valve has nothing to do with oil pressure.

but I plan on doing a

I doubt you will tell anything from a compression test. A cylinder leakdown test would be more helpful for the symtoms you have.

And I have to replace the leaking seal. But after the past

Reply to
Mike

I doubt anyone would be very interested in pictures of mine. It's a pretty much stock 2 door red 96 Cherokee with about 350,000 miles on it that I (obviously) drive the piss out of. This past weekend I put another 1000 miles on it (at 22 MPG) driving through the the mountains to Gatlinburg TN and back.

It ain't pretty, but I'd drive it anywhere... even with it's funky ignition switch

Jeff DeWitt

Tim J wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Thanks Mike, I'll plan on the leakdown test too. My brother is actually a mechanic, so I'm sure I'll drag him into it. It definitely helps to know someone with their own shop and every tool you could imagine. Hopefully I'll have the problem diagnosed sometime in the next week or so. I just need to find the time to get over there when he's there.

Reply to
Tim J

It's in a canyon near Monterrey, Mexico called "La Huasteca" in the Cumbres de Monterrey National Park. It has some incredible vistas but has been invaded by squatters over the years.

Reply to
nrs

And whats wrong with that???? I like Cherokees.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Uploading one now.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Image awaiting approval :-)

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

I agree with Jenn, I dont' care if it's a pile of rust on blocks, if it says Jeep somewhere on it, let's see it!

Reply to
Tim J

My jeep pictures are wait for approval.

Reply to
Jamie Mello

Pic uploaded.

Reply to
ULB

Mine is uploaded too. I have the blue 2006 Wrangler X

Reply to
Tracie

Tim -

My 84 CJ8 is up (white Scrambler)...I'm an idiot and didn't get to comment on the files correctly, but I loaded up four shots of the Scrambler (2 w/the hardtop, and 2 w/out). I didn't get to comment correctly or label each (I thought the website gave you the chance to edit after the upload but I hosed it up somehow). Here's what I wanted to post with the pics:

My CJ8's mainly stock (99K miles just this week) - I'm in the Navy, so I painted it white a few years ago to keep it from rusting out while I was overseas. The only real mod I've done is to install (and love) the TBI in place of the stock carb/crap. The 258 chugs like a dream now. Since these shots I've just installed the MORE shackles and fenderflares all around, which really help the look. Next on my list of to-do's: tow hitch on the rear (ordered); Duraline the cab/bed; bench seat in the bed with a soft top and some sort of roll bar. I'd like to paint it, but I'm holding off for the next transfer, hoping for a place with room enough to pull the tub and do the frame, then I can paint it back the original blue.

duna sends...

Reply to
duna6430

Hey Duna, I've updated the descriptions. You've got a great Jeep there. I love CJ8's and hope to get my hands on one someday. Of course, first I have to fix the CJ7 that my wife wants me to get rid of (not going to happen!). She likes it when it's running well, but right now, she thinks it's hopeless. As a side note, you can update the descriptions after they have been uploaded if you were logged in when you uploaded them. You just need to browse to the picture and if it's your picture, there should be a few links below the picture. The "edit file information" will get you back to the same info screen you had when you uploaded it. Hope this helps, and good luck with the CJ8.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim J

I just posted four pics of my '84 CJ. It's an ongoing project, and always will be...and that's the way I like it. It's fun to finally see Jeeps owned by the folks in this fine NG.

Reply to
peachyracer

I think I'm in love with your Jeep. CJ7's are great. I can't wait until mine looks that good. Thanks for the pictures.

-Tim

1984 CJ7 with SBC Conversion
Tim J