Anybody have one of these on your Jeep?

Here in San Diego we dont see many. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Here in Utah I just turn in the hubs and drive over that white stuff. Let those ricers figure out their own way to work :)

Reply to
Rusted

You could use one to push the garbage out of the way. America's Cleanest City? I think not. Look at the crap on the median on Balboa near 805. I put a cardboard box there, by the "Clairemont Mesa" box-shaped sign, Dad said it was there for 4 months until rain melted it.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Well, I read the specs and the max bumper height is 15". I'm well above that, so it's not gonna work on my YJ. I think I'll look into one for my Ford F150 4X4. I have a long and very steep drive way and in the winter time when there's snow it's a bitch for my wife's car. Of course I don't have a problem with the Jeep or truck, but I gotta make the wife happy. I have a snow blower, but it's hard to use it on the slope. I slip and bust my A%% every time I use it. I thought the snow plow would be the answer.

Scott

Reply to
reconair

Just bolt your wife's car to the front of your Jeep and use that as a snow plow.

Reply to
griffin

Requires a front receiver, and the bumper can not be higher than 15". Looks to me like you could make a drop receiver adapter to lower the effective receiver height if needed. If you are interested in the plow it may be worth asking why that would not work.

Reply to
Rusted

I've seen what the receiver/plow interface looks like. Yes, I believe one could be constructed the same way drop-down trailer hitches are with minor additional expense. Scott

Reply to
reconair

I know a guy that has one on a f-150. All I can say is that you get what you pay for. Yes it does work and is better than a shovel or maybe a blower but I'd much rather have the power raise/angle. With that blade you can only push straight ahead and cannot back drag any at all. Construction wise, it is built for light duty residential only, meaning you do your driveway and maybe your mom's and then put it back away.

Hope this helps

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Not all of us are lucky enough to live in a small town. You sound like a jerk though, stay there. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego