OX Locker

Jeepers

The question has probably been asked before but... what happened to OX Trax ? I was looking for some more info on the OX Locker, but

seems te been gone. Did they stop making the locker ?

Jeeply yours, Kristof Hayen TJ 4L

(some new movies online)

Reply to
Kristof Hayen

Yes, Ox is in business. They had dropped out of sight after a akind of attempt at a "hostile takeover," but I understand that they are in greater production than ever. My installer in PHX has told me that "someone is pouring a lot of money into Ox." AS far as I know, they don't have a web page, though.

I recently bought an Ox locker for my Dana 35 with 30-spline axle shafts.

As far as I know, they are avaialbe exclusively from 4Wheel Parts Wholesalers (888-432-7656).

I am not affiliated with Ox. I have just had an Ox in my front end for over two years, and one in the rear for about two months.

Keith

Kristof Hayen wrote:

Reply to
Keith

Ox making a comeback? We shall see. I dont know of many happy ox locker owners. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

My Ox locker kicks ass... Nick

Reply to
Nick N

anyone heard of problems with a soft or week diff cover? Local installer suggested saving money for an ARB and that week OX diff-cover was his main reason. Shortly there after I heard rumors of OX in a CH-11 BK.

But if there coming back I'll look again.

Keep waiting for a good electric to come out or get better.

any thoughts?

83 CJ 8, a work in progress
out the "XXX" to e-mail me
Reply to
Evan

OMG are you kidding?! My ox diff cover has crushed rocks. Seriously, it's a very heavy weight. When I bought my Ox, I not only got a locker but a diff cover that kicks ass. Nick

Reply to
Nick N

I read somewhere (maybe review) that OX was thinking about putting a solonoid at the end of their cable rather than a manual leaver, that would rock.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Hupe

I have the super 35 w/ ox locker and one for the 30 front, I had to rebuild the rear and they are a pain in the ass when you have to adjust them. I jack up one wheel and spin it and then switch it to locked and when it the wheel stops because it is locked then I tighten everything up. Anyone else have a better way to adjust them better. Its a pain I swear the cable stretches or something and then I have to readjust it again. anyone.... Dan

Reply to
Dan

thats one major complaint I always hear

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

I have had an Ox in my front since the company began, and one in the rear for about three months now. The front has the original, non-spring-loaded shifter, and the rear has the new spring-loaded shifter.

I have never had a problem with cable adjustments. Apparently, once it is properly set, it stays set. However, I can't comment on the difficulty of the initial cable adjustment, as I did not do my own installation.

Keith

Dan wrote:

Reply to
Keith