radio wiring harness needed for '97 TJ

I need a new wiring harness to the radio for my '97 TJ. I'm guessing this part is likely interchangable with Chrysler wiring harnesses, but I haven't had any like finding it on the websites I've checked.

The problem is that there must be a crack in one of the wires in the harness, when I wiggle the harness near the socket into the radio, the power goes out. This also happens when driving.

Can someone tell me where to find this part?

Reply to
Jeff Haferman

Depending on the connector you might be able to release the pin and resolder that wire. Wired don't generally "crack" when they come loose they usually just fall out. Look for heat burns on the wire.

Before throwing parts at it make sure it's not the connector or a bad solder joint at the radio itself. I've had to fix several solder problems in my ZJ. Both the VIC and overhead console have had failures. Mostly bad solder (too little) and over time vibration and heat will cause failures.

DougW