Alternator Upgrade for 2.5 TD 110 CSW

Hi all

my alternator needs replacing and I would prefer to upgrade while I am spending the money anyway.

My question is, is there a 'straight-swap' alternator for the STC229 I have (Magneti Marelli 45A I think) which will literally go straight on in place of this but provide more amps?

I have heard a fairly reliable source mention that a 200Tdi one at 65A is a direct replacement, but I think that the connections might be different? If this is true, how difficult is it to do and what's involved? As you have guessed I am no auto electrician!

Please can anyone help before I buy the wrong item?

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
NTC Chris

I assume you mean

RTC5680 Alternator - 65A - Screw On Terminals - Defender 200Tdi/2.5P/2.5D

as the description implies, it has eyelets for connection instead of the plug - not impossible to modify.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd