Another Freelander Update : Thanks Guys

Hi Guys

In february I posted asking about an intermittent start fault on my freelander.

In the end the car went to the dealers and they diagnosed the cam sensor to be faulty. They repaired it.

Last Friday the same issue re-occured. Wouldn't start. Left it for half an hour started first time, only after wards it was really sluggish on accelerating. Booked it into dealer for today.

Set off for dealer and it cut out, engine check light came on. Left it a bit started it up, drove about two miles and it cut out again. Wouldn't start at all after that, it would start and stop straight away.

RAC towed me rest of the way to the dealers.

Guess what the fault is?

Nackered Fuel Pump! As i was told in here, and as I told the dealers the first time around.

Cost to fix £399 quid. gutted.

Anyway thanks again for all the help given to me at Feb, it appears that the advice given to me in the first place was indeed correct.

Kind Regards

David

Reply to
vertuas

Less cost of the un-needed cam sensor replacement of course.

Dave Liquorice

In a perverse sort of way I am pleased to hear this ;o)

I suggested the stand alone 'under bonnet' fuel pump (based on experiencing the same problem(s)) and when you said the cam sensor was diagnosed as the culprit for the same reasons I thought s**t something else ...........

Anyway glad to hear it is all sorted ......... Richard

Reply to
Richard

Ahhhhh crap

Repair bill just doubled as other pump is also shot.

So 800 quid and counting..........

Reply to
vertuas

Hi Richard,

You were right!

They just rang and informed me that both pumps are dead, i guess the cutting out was caused by the one working pump finally giving up.

The cost of repair just doubled, but what can you do.

Oh well, time for new barclay card i guess ;o)

Thanks

David

Reply to
vertuas

It does seem the 'in fuel-tank' and 'under bonnet' fuel pumps fail at about the same time. Mine were only about 6k miles apart ...... but at least that split the payments by about 9 months. BTW LRover informed me there is a third fuel pump integrally installed within the engine unit .... he just said 'Don't ask how much that one is' ............... so I didn't.

Richard

Reply to
Richard