Ebay

Why is it i spend 1/2hr every night browsing ebay for landrover parts when i know i only have £20 in the bank, and that i can't afford new socks, let alone car parts?

Am i addicted? and to what? ebay or landrovers? How do i get help?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

or usenet?

get a life :)

many turn their addiction into something useful - perhaps setting up an ebay shop would work for you.

in the meantime, if you find any wheels bearing the mark "ANR 5307" please let me know (need 1, want 2 - any rubber). Also could do with a a set of standard wheels (any rubber) and nuts.

Reply to
William Tasso

It's not only Landy parts. I bought an industrial diesel pressure washer for £56! Best thing yet. Peter

Reply to
Peter

Classic case I'm a fellow sufferer as are most of A.F.L tho' many are in denial

Derek

You could always do what I did, come in from the pub, pi$$ed, then go on Ebay. I'm still receiving the stuff yet!

Reply to
SimonJ

On or around Sun, 8 Jan 2006 20:31:51 +0000 (UTC), "SimonJ" enlightened us thusly:

I've got a new mobile phone I don't need coming soon. To be fair, I stopped bidding at my limit (cheap for the item in question) but was beaten in the auction. The winner then turned out to be an arse, so I got it for what I bid.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well done - I was watching a part yesterday. The start bid was acceptable and the item had no bids till the last day. Was gonna bid when common sense kicked in - checking around the landy parts suppliers revealed the bids had overtaken the commonly available price. Not much money involved but I'm feeling just a little smug about holding back on that one.

Reply to
William Tasso

Was gonna bid

That happens all the time, I can't believe how many times I see stuff go for more than you can buy it new. Makes me want to go out and buy a load of new stuff to put on eBay for a quick profit!

Matt.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

...and William Tasso spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Did that with a CD from the 60s/70s that I thought was out of print. I bid the guy up to 12 quid, then something made me look at HMV, and there it was at 6.99, 24hr delivery. I ordered from there, and had the CD in my player and spinning before the auction ended - final price nearly 20 quid. Taught me a lesson.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:26:50 -0000, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

Aye, you do have to be careful.

Phone arrived, BTW. Motorola V600 for the phoneophiles... nice bit of kit, specially for 26 notes.

Reply to
Austin Shackles