FA - JJF intercooler

The right Td5 came up locally at the right price, so I am getting rid of the Disco (300Tdi) and adopting a Td5 Disco ES next week.

The Jeremy Fearn intercooler off the 300 is now on Ebay if anyone is interested - item 8028448528.

I'm also swapping over the access ladder from the rear door. Anyone know of a source of those funny expanding fasteners used to fit the ladder (rivnuts?)?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Oh dear.........

Do u fancy selling me your BFG's before the vehicle gets sold

Reply to
edeowner

On or around Sat, 7 Jan 2006 20:58:20 -0000, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

did you find any trouble with cooling as a result of upsetting the airflow to the rad?

when he says in his site that it gives "x% more power" what else does he do? I don't see just the bigger intercooler doing that, by itself, without other tweaks. Is yours EDC, and was it chipped?

might well be interested, depending on how high it goes, I'll keep an eye on it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

None at all. Removing the old i/c creates a space to the left of the rad which, without any other alterations, would allow an easier path for the fan to suck air through there rather than through the rad. Jeremy makes an alloy baffle plate which closes off the redundant space and makes the fan pull all the air through the rad. Temp gauge stayed below halfway, no matter what. Having the i/c across the whole front of the rad made no difference.

I don't think he says 35% (that would be Allisport's claim, I think) - he says +35bhp, which would take it from 111 to 146bhp. Mine was an EDC, so he fitted an uprated chip. Without EDC, it would just be a matter of upping the fuelling until you were happy, OSIU. He promises a rolling road check on the site, but when I had it done the rolling road was "unavailable" and I had to suffer the "test drive from hell". I can't guess 35bhp, even with my eyeballs in their sockets, but it was certainly a very noticeable improvement, especially when towing.

Possibly a discount for 101/afl berbecue gurus, who knows?

:-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I dont' see any reason why it won't work on the 200Tdi project either, but I don't see any point getting into a bidding war with all my mates either !!

I reckon I'll buy a scrap intercooler off a commercial and cut it down to fit the 101.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

...and Steve spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Go on, you know you want to!

It'll never work ;-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Richard Brookman came up with the following;:

I'm watching it, and might bid in a day or two .. ;) My 300Tdi isn't chipped, so I guess I'd have to increase the fuelling to 'help'.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

...and Paul - xxx spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Nah, bid a grand now, beat the crowds! :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

...and snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Done! Now for the team of erotic dancers you promised in return.

Reply to
Richard Brookman