freeelander headgasket

After my freelander blow up.I now have had my headgasket replaced ( under Warranty, 3 Mths left) and all seems to be ok. To say that it's a "off Roader" it seems pretty fragile with a lot of previous problems. My next question is how long is the new Head gasket going to last? Anyone got any feedback as to how long the head gasket will last or should I get rid?

Reply to
Tom Sawyer

THis was the subject of a BBC Watchdog report sometime last year. There was a big problem with a certain Freelander engines blowing past their head gasket like you describe. THe head gasket was described as being made of plastic and aluminuim as far as I remember and they suggested that this was failing more often than conventional gaskets. I remember there was a fair amount is discussion in this group in the days following, you might find some info if you google search the archives.

DavidM

Reply to
DavidM

Sorry but 'Get rid'.

I work at a independent LR workshop and we see lots of Freelanders with the same fault and I hate to say it but once blown most re-offend

Reply to
LEE ARGYLE

Prolly about as long as the last one. They just blow and blow and blow...

The Freelander is a cracking car, but the TD4 is the only one worth having... The 1.8 is thirstier, slower, less 'driveable', less reliable.

Sell sell sell...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs