headgasket recall??

I have a 1993 Toyota pickup-v6-3litre.Head gasket went recently.Is there a recall or some kind of campaign on about these? Has anyone had there's fixed under recall recently and was it a fight??Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rick

Reply to
L.C

yes there is a recall .. not sure if its for all V6 or just some ... i had a 94 and it was still affected ...

I had mine fixed ... was VERY simple. Hassle and cost free. They even changed the timing belt for and now get this ONLY cost for the part and didnt slap labor in it.

100% well done

Matt

Yep. Don't know if the recall is still good or not. Had it done on my '93 at 90k miles. The changed the belt and even replaced a piston with zero cost to me. I guess it was leaking a little and I didn't even notice.

Reply to
Eddie

Check

-

General Recalls TSB Number & Issue Date TSB Title SSCV06 DEC 97 Campaign - Cylinder Head Gaskets SPAP9610 OCT 96 Campaign - Head Gasket Repair

Reply to
Wolfgang

Reply to
Rocky

When was this service performed on your truck? I just bought a 94 with the V63.0 engine. Have had it 2 weeks with 145,000 miles on it. Headgasket went. Local Toyota says that the recall is no longer in effect. Let me know where and when yours was done. Many thanks

JoJo

Reply to
JoJo

It was done in 1999 or 2000. I just bought the truck and 2 weeks later Toyota sent the letter to the prev owner, who kindly informed me ...

It is possible that its too late now ... Send a nice letter to toyota and ask for it to be done for all sorts of reasons you can think of.

Otherwise you are in for some cost. Sorry :(

Matt

P.S.

it was done in canada