Fuel filter question 300 Tdi

Morning all

I'm just about to start using some biodiesel in my 1997 Defender 110 (300Tdi).

I've been advised to fit a cheap see-through fuel filter to keep an eye on how much crud the new fuel picks up along the way. I want to put it before the regular filter, and I want to make sure that I've got the right pipes! Am I right that on the picture of my fuel filter here

the fuel goes in the top and out the side? As an aside, why does the Haynes manual for 110 and Defender diesels claim only to go up to 'N' reg? Should I buy it and trust it for my R-reg engine?

cheers

Reply to
Olly R

"Olly R" wrote in news:op.s4wtsaiynzf0cm@oliver-861yfc71:

Trust it? TRUST IT?? Are you completely mad!! It's HAYNES!

Derry (Who threw out a perfectly good clutch from his TRX300 and bought a new one for £200 because he believed the specs stated in Haynes)

Reply to
Derry Argue

trust a Haynes I should coco try here mate

yourself a load of annoyance and a few quidDerek

Reply to
Derek

Would you mind sending it to oliver dot rundell at btinternet dot com, as the other address is just for sending spam to! cheers in rapt anticipation.

Olly

Reply to
Olly R

you have mail Derek

Reply to
Derek

save yourself a load of annoyance and a few quid Splendid, thanks Derek. I'd seen that site before but had forgotten where it was. Many thanks.

Olly

Reply to
Olly R

done - apologies to anyone whose news server picks up the message ( hit wrong button) I have deleted it but with NTL you never know Derek

Reply to
Derek

All that's very useful, but I still can't find the answer to my question - which pipe takes fuel TO the filter and which pipe takes fuel OUT of the filter. Guess it might be time to go outside and spray diesel onto the road....

Olly

Reply to
Olly R

Having sprayed only a very little diesel onto the road, all is sorted. I worked out (quite easily really) which pipe went where, traced them from the lift pump. The new filter is in, the first gallon of biodiesel is in the tank, so now it's off to Sainsbury's to find something for Valentine's Day....

Olly R

Reply to
Olly R