Is this true?

Just been googling and came across this little gem...

"Interesting note, Martyn Day, chairman of Greenpeace UK, drives a Range Rover."

If it is....well.....I shall be laughing all the way to the petrol station ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

you didn't mention he is also a partner in an accident claims solictors and ex politician whatever next? eating small children? Derek "Tony Blair is an MP, it was recently revealed".

Reply to
Derek

An excellent and well informed choice of vehicle I say, now if he owned a Scammell Explorer I might consider that a little out of keeping with his principles.

Reply to
Larry

Yeah why not? The diesels are very good on fuel ( and I note that the diesel Merc ML puts out less CO2 than the petrol ) and because they last so many years overall pollution is reduced. TonyB ( '92 Disco on 225,000 miles )

Reply to
TonyB

Quite right. I'd be much happier if he drove the Scammell Pioneer - I've wanted one ever since I had to get one to pull my Series 2 out of a swamp in the 70's - where a tractor & another Series 2 failed to budge it, the Scammell's winch rope barely even pulled tight, the weight of the rope alone was almost enough to pull it out. Still bent the chassis breaking the mud suction though :O

Karen

Reply to
Karen Gallagher