improving ease of clutch

Hi all, This is all new to me, so go easy. I have a K reg 110 (200tdi) that my wife is finding hard to drive due to the pressure needed to use the clutch.

i have spoken to a 4x4 dealer about this who has suggested it is possible to add a new spring to the clutch (as is found on the newer models) to help aid with pushing the clutch.

Has anyone else heard of this and know what the results would be? I haven't tried the clutch in a newer model but may go to the dealer this weekend to play.

Any feedback would be great.

thanks. Andy:p

Reply to
andy:p

The 300 series on clutch pedals did have a sort of 'over-centre' speing on the clutch pedal - it made it no easier to press but did make it a lot easier to hold down....

To make light of the clutch it is possible to fit a remote servo ( good but getting rarer source being off an old Rover car ) to the clutch which will make it much easier to press....... I am sure that someone must sell these in a recon state off the shelf somewhere but I am afraid I know not where.....

Hope this helps a little

David LLAMA 4x4

David_LLAMA4x4

There's a remote vacuum servo on ebay at the moment that'll fit a landrover clutch:-

Rob Hughes

Hi it sounds to me more like the clutch pressure plate is at fault. I have had the same on my Renault 19 D. The clutch was getting heavyer and heavyer till one day it snapped the cable. So I fitted a new cable and then 3 months later SNAP. I took the pressure plate out and fit a new one then hey presto. Once again a light clutch. I f you are going to change the pressure plate you also may aswell change the clutch as its out to change the pressure plate.

Miniman Skipton N Yorks

Reply to
Miniman