Disco discovery

Just eyeballed a j reg disco, rusty inner wings, and tailgate floor the bit you climb over to get to the back. tops of the windscreen metal are rusty, what else should I be looking for and are all these items usual for the age, and what sort of cost am |I looking at to get fixed?

Also just got new P.C. cos I wrecked the last one and so have lost all my links, so apologies for the usual questions just need a few links to go and check out details from

Reply to
Tony

Hi Tony,

Bit of a chicken and egg. To sort the rear floor then £50 for the floor and maybe £50 for someone to fit it if you don't do it yourself. Inner wings a lot more involved and will cost £100 per side I would expect for a garage - do it yourself probably £5. Windscreen metal - treat will rust killer and paint will be fine.

Check gearbox - will be ropey unless it has been renewed. Check sills, floorpan, battery tray and the alpine windows. Check to see if it has been regularly serviced.

I would knock £500 off the price for what you have said but can we have more information:-

Exact year - model - engine - fuel.

Andrew Renshaw

j reg, 7 seater, i assume 200tdi, and therefore diesel, the sills appear okay only light rusting around the rear wheel end on passenger side, the engine looks fair condition externally, got 170k on clock and i reckon i could get it for about £1750 it has had recon gearbox

Reply to
Tony