landrover to feature on watchdog - now bbc1

Disco's being slated for a 90p bolt causing £6K engine failure on TD5 disco

2's

Si

Reply to
simonk

In article , simonk writes

I missed it but Landrover should know all about this.

A fleet user near me had this happen on at least two of their td5 Defender's. at very low mileage.

I was under the impression that it was subject to a recall.

But I would hope that after that the problem would have been sorted at source. A blob of loctite does the world of good.

Reply to
marc

Makes me feel fortunate, six grand for a new engine, I could buy a decent series motor for that.

Reply to
Larry

No, not yet. It's about 5 hours' work to get to it, so LR aren't likely to recall unless it gets really hairy for them.

It has been, in 1999 I believe.

Reply to
David French

Bah!

Whenever things like this happen to me and I ring Watchdog they say "well, no-one else has complained..."

Bollards.

Nice shots of Davids's LR tho...pity my merchandise hadn't arrived by the time they picked it up :(

I'll own up now.....it was I they contacted to find owners.....

Neil

Happy owner of a 4.6 engine cos the Main Dealer broke the 3.9...and LR wouldn't help AT ALL. Bah!

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

In message , Larry writes

You could buy 2 or 3 for that!!

Reply to
hugh

I *still* don't have them... I think our postie has given up. It's pathetic.

Reply to
David French

I'll own up now.....it was I they contacted to find owners.....>

....and it was me who decided it would be useful to make the various threads in the Discovery section of the LRE Forums sticky.

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Typical eh?

Watchdog really should explain that the £6000 buys the engine (which isn't

*that* much) and more importantly for LR, the LABOUR. At £75+ an hour it doesn't long to rack up a bill like that....

I just wish they had explained that. But hey!

Neil

Neil Brownlee

This place is becoming inhabited with... anarchists!

Reply to
Mother

Quite :-)