Landrover is now American?

OK first off I have posted a few times to this group and you have all been very helpful to a disabled driver. So I wish everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR! Now then I was wondering when Landrover became American owned?

Reply to
John France

John France proclaimed:

Just after BMW sold it to Ford.

Reply to
Lon

Think it was back in 2001 or very early 2002.

Happy New Year too.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Thanks for the dates, I am a happy little landie owner, mine is British. Just to remind folks I have a 1994 300TDi Disco 2 estate. Well something like that, it has the new lights/ dash etc and the new engine from my mates

1992 Disco. It was confusing when I bought it though as it has a personal reg plate which makes it seem to be an H reg. Still Swansea have sorted it out for me. As has the RAC when I followed a post a week back. Take care folks and happy driving.

Reply to
John France