Mini on Steroids

Hi all just seen a pic of the new landrover I DONT KNOW ABOUT CALLING IT A Range Stormer ITs a mini on Mini on Steroids

Reply to
charlie

I've just found it on a Dutch site -

- and the atricle appears to suggest its a concept car (my Dutch being non-existent!). God I hope it is just that, an awful concept! Ug. Not only is the name ridiculous, and an insult to the Range Rover legend, but it looks like something Palitoy woudl come up with. If this is serious there are a lot of people going to be turning in their graves, IMHO. If Ford really insist on making it, they could at least stick a Ford badge on it and call it something *really* tacky, Desert Stormer or something equally duff. Land Rover legend RIP.

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

In article , richard. watson writes

The expression 'no redeeming features whatsoever' springs immediately to mind.

Other manufacturers do small cars better and have far more experience in that market. Why go there at all?

I can only agree with others - at best it can only damage the marque - at worst it'll be a money-pit (from Land Rover's perspective!).

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

- and the || || Land Rover legend RIP. || || Richard || --

Just had a look at this. Christ, it's horrible.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Personally (and I know I will get a lot of flak for saying so from all you disco fans) but I think land rover lost it when they came up with the disco.

Reply to
Larry

How much are they charging for that thing?

Reply to
pl.white

Too much probably.

Reply to
Nikki

Intended for release in early 2005 it would seem so prices will be available about then??

I did find this whilst browsing:

No good for me as I do not own anything recent enough to get on their database - but may suit somebody on here??

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

Just tried to register - and failed with an error message.

Interesting how the only regions available within the UK are English counties!

Chas

Dalbeattie, Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland!

Reply to
Chas