Red Ken's no doubt spitting feathers.

Older 4x4's can't be charged hiked up congestion charges.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

That was known from day one though, as only cars registered after certain dates are in the pollution band system, including "Band G" which is where all the heaviest polluting cars, and a smattering of

4x4s, are placed.
Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Ian Rawlings uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Indeed but seems the penny has only just dropped with local Government..... still , they are only running the Country and nothing important or owt. It's not like burning a Sunday roast, now that could really f*ck yer day up :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Well paint me red and call me a clapham omnibus I told you so.

Reply to
Larry

I suspect it's more the daily mail have just picked up on it and an opportunistic opposition MP has stuck his/her oar in to get some headline space..

Apparently that Richmond parking fee hike thing is a load of old hot air too for similar reasons, plus of course the residents who commute to work by car don't need permits as the scheme only operates during working hours. The effect of hiking the prices for the tiny percentage of people with Band G cars would be to make those who leave the car parked at home and take public transport avoid the whole permit scheme by driving to work instead! Plus of course Band G cars tend to have wealthy owners, who in Richmond have off-street parking so no permits needed for those who do.

It's all just headline-grabbing s**te, pandering to a gaggle of journalists who are only too glad to lap it up without question.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

LOL - but not for long I suspect. The solution is simply to apply the =

higher charge to all vehicles more than 6 years old.

Reply to
William Tasso

Yup. Just change the rules that anything not emission banded goes into the top charge band by default. So a small older supermini (like a real mini) would pay the same as a Humvee.

Reply to
Elder

ROFLMAO,

Reply to
Cyberwraith

I was serious. It would be just like the old Newt Shagger to suggest such a bye law.

Reply to
Elder