"Saw tooth" wear on tyres on a disco

Knackered shocks usually.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Hello

Can anyone suggest what may be causing the strange wear pattern on the rear tyres of my 98 300tdi discovery. Its a bit hard to explain, but the tyres on both sides have a sort of saw tooth wear pattern. That is, one tread block is quite high, the next is a few mill lower and the next a few mill lower still, then it repeats, with the next one being high, the next one lower and so on. This is exactly the same on both rear tyres, and appears on both the inside an outer edge of both tyres. I plan to get a new set of tyres at billing this week, but if I have some sort of problem I would like to sort it before putting new tyres on.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

Thanks Robert

Reply to
Robert

On or around Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:19:28 GMT, "Robert" enlightened us thusly:

stiff viscous coupling can do that on things so equipped.

as can low tyre pressures, especially on wide tyres.

Reply to
Austin Shackles