Marge is having funny turns...

Marge (the 110TD) is having odd moments: sudden cutting out of "ignition" circuit whilst running (but other circuits apparently fine as aux bits still work). All returns to normal after a few seconds. She's recently had a new battery too, which is well charged.

Does this sound at all familiar? I'm stumped.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

In message , SpamTrapSeeSig writes

Have you checked for power (+12) up to the ignition switch on the 'running' side of the switch and back out again?

Have you given the fuse box a good kicking with your left foot? :-)

When she cuts out does the ignition light come on immediately (whilst revs are slowing down) and stop on or is everything dead?

Once it has cut out does it start up again first time or does it need some cranking over?

Reply to
Graham Jones

In article , Graham Jones writes

Seems good, but worthy of more investigation - I haven't been over the steering column thoroughly yet.

Nope, but I have checked that fuses and clips are clean and in good nick (kicking will follow, I've no doubt...).

Everything dies, except the lighter socket (I have a phone charger with an LED permanently plugged in, and that stays on).

Once power returns (after a few secs. - worst case so far has been around a minute), it'll start fine.

I think it's the 'ignition' switch and/or associated loom. Will start there and widen the search if I find nothing.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig