Sump bolt size?

Hi can anybody advise the actual size of my Defender 200TDi sump bolt please. It measures as 29mm or 30mm across the flats and a google search has not produced definitive results. I tried with an adjustable spanner but it's too tight. I want to buy the right socket for the torque wrench.

Cheers,

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

Im getting 1 1/18ths.. which is about 27mm. I saw some threads in another forum that it was that size so you can use the wheel brace to get it undone.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

the 101's V8 is 27mm, same as the wheel nuts.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:59:07 +0000, Mark Solesbury enlightened us thusly:

some of them are bigger than that - early V8s, especially. inch-and-three-sizteenths, or something equally silly. Which would be about

29.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

Closer to 30.16mm

Reply to
EMB

I am not at home at the moment but I am pretty sure it is 1 1/8

John

Reply to
Persheen

On or around Wed, 19 Dec 2007 08:04:32 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

whatever, it's a bastard size. I tend to use a sod-off whitworth ring spanner that doesn't fit but is close enough.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:13:46 -0000, "Persheen" enlightened us thusly:

actually, it might be. the wheel nuts are 27mm which is 1.1/16", approx.

Reply to
Austin Shackles