Transporting 90 from Holland

Hi

I need some advice on he best (read cheapest! ;o) way to get my dead

90TD back in contact with a replacement engine.

90 is currently in Holland (I lived there before it died), and I have located an engine here in the UK (MUCH cheaper than sourcing them in NL!)

The problem comes with getting the two together. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm used to travelling, and know the costs of ferries etc. The options so far appear to be:

  1. Take engine over on trailer, fit and drive back.

  1. Go over with (big) trailer, pick up 90 and pull it back.

  2. your suggestions here!

I would have to hire a trailer to put my 90 on, and would also have to hire a vehicle to take the engine over. Fitting in NL would be done by a Landrover dealer, at their usual competitive (!) rates (about E1500.....)

Can anyone offer alternatives?

TIA

Andy

Remove GEARBOX to mail...

Reply to
Andy Mott

In article , Tim Hobbs writes

Remember the old DHL advert 'from a disc drive to a diesel engine'!

Reply to
John Halliwell