Astra doors keep locking

My Dad's old Astra (P Reg) door locks have just started playing up. When you unlock the doors, they lock again about a second later. Has anyone else seen this? What's the first thing to check?

Reply to
Mr. Spigot

I had a corsa in doing this, she would unlock the car, start it up and get out to wipe the windows and it would lock itself. On that I had to replace the drivers door lock assembly, it is quite a common fault. even small dealers have them in stock at about 40 quid. so there is a good chance it is the same fault on yours.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Mr. Spigot expressed precisely :

Wild guess....

I would suggest moisture shorting across and/ or duff switch on the door locks. The ones which operate the central locking when you turn the key in the locks.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

My old BMW used to do this. I eventually found that it was a problem with the boot lock. This had two key positions, one where it was operated by the remote locking and one where it was 'deadlocked'. In the deadlocked position it kept relocking the other doors. Solution was not to deadlock it.

HTH

Reply to
GB

Okay, thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look, and let you know if I can solve it.

Reply to
Mr. Spigot