BMW 525 tdi.1994 rear subframe bushes how easy!!

Hi To All

I have a BMW 525 tdi.1994 Which has failed a MOT on rear subframe bushes.Both sides. The bushes are near the outer sill. I have found out a special tool is needed for replacement. Do I stand any chance without the special tool and does the subframe have to be dropped/removed. The bushes are the size of a baken bean tin roughly!!!!!!!! As the tool costs £139 it is not worth me buying this. Any help much appriated. thanks in advance

Reply to
tick

I've done this job on 3 E34s. One saloon and 2 estates. It's actually easier than it first appears. You don't have to drop the subframe as such, it will drop when you remove the bottom plate holding the bush enough to get a the top of the bush.. You will need a modified 2-leg puller, some good M12 studding, a disk/plate of ~1/4" steel the OD of the 'bush', various fat washers/nuts etc. I have the procedure with photos from a US forum at home on disk. I'll try to find a link tonight.

JB

Reply to
JB

As promised, just had a look at the link on my home PC. '404' unfortunately. See

left menu, maintenance tab then suspension. Still a dead link. Arse! I did save the whole webpage of the procedure on my work PC which I can email over tomorrow if you like. I used Eurocarparts for the bushes. JB

Reply to
JB

It Works For Me?:

Theo