Car alarm microwave sensors?

I've just fitted an alarm to my 'new' van a Suzuki Supercarry (Sooty's tour bus!). As it is rather basic, there are no door switches for the internal light, I need another way of making the alarm go off, so will need to get a microwave sensor to detect movement inside the van. Being as it is such a small van, would one centrally located sensor work, or should I get a couple, one at either end? Thanks Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

you would be best to add door switches, all those sensor things give trouble IME, a few door switches and some wire is far cheaper too

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Most modern alarms have a voltage drop detection circuit.. This will trigger when the interior light comes on if a door is opened. If not you should be able to connect into one of the wires on the original door switches.

JOhn

Reply to
John

"there are no door switches for the internal light,"

:-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan