Factory Fitted Alarm

Hi all,

I have a 97 Vauxhall Astra Estate which seems to have a factory fitted alarm. On the rear windows each side there is an attena type thing stuck to the glass, with Alarm written right in the middle of it.

Inside the car above the rear view mirror there looks to be a ultra sonic sensor, this is built into the car.

I have been to the dealer's parts department and the young muppet behind the counter didnt know a thing about it, didnt offer to look anywhere or ask anyone else.

The dealer who sold me the car stated that it does have an alarm system, but he didnt recieve a remote for it - where can I get a remote and see it this system still works, or is this more trouble than its worth.

Cheers

Astraman

Reply to
Astraman

You may not actually need a keyfob to make an alarm work.

The Ford Mondeo alarm is automatically armed something like 30 seconds after the doors are shut. Any attempt to open the doors from the inside, or start the engine will make the alarm sound, even if you don't have/use the remote.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Hi Pete,

I've tried what you suggested, but no luck. Left the system for between 30 Seconds & up to two minutes.

Cheers

Astraman

Reply to
Astraman