exhaust leak?

well it sounds like I have an exhaust leak, but I also think im not getting as many miles to the gallon as I was before. Is it possible for an exhaust leak to cause a decrease in fuel economy?

Reply to
Professor Frink

The message from "Professor Frink" contains these words:

Depends where it is, but yes. The wife's Clio's exhaust went about an inch behind the lambda sensor a few weeks ago. The pulsating nature of the exhaust pressure, particularly that far up the exhaust can actually suck air in and even back up the pipe a short way - which means the lambda sensor thinks the engine's really lean so it bungs extra fuel down the hole.

Reply to
Guy King