Focus remote locking

Just bought a Tdi focus (2000) and it only has a standard key, can I just buy the ones on sale on ebay and program it? or has it got the PATS thingy?

if it has PATS, what will this entail?

Reply to
Staffbull

You need 2 keys to programme a 3rd.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Or a Ford dealer if you only have one. Once you've had a second made, program a third yourself as insurance if you lose either of the other two!

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

You need 2 keys to programme a 3rd.

Or a Ford dealer if you only have one. Once you've had a second made, program a third yourself as insurance if you lose either of the other two!

Tony

Ta, I've only got the key with the chip (little blue edge thingy) it has no remote buttons - how much should I expect to pay for a dealer to supply a key/remote and code it?

Reply to
Staffbull

When my remote key became weak, the dealer wanted the best part of 100UKP for one!

I made do without...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan