ford focus remote locking programming

Hi, only got one key with no remote when I bought the focus and I've bought a ford three button remote to go with it -does anyone know the procedure to synch them? I know you need two keys to program a third key but this is just for the remote CL. I've seen a couple on the web but the procedures are a little ambiguous - does not say to which position key needs to turned to and in which position to stop!!

Any help much appreciated

Reply to
Staffbull

the bottom of the range focus does not have the facillity for remote locking

anyway... dunno how many times ive said this .. (in the last few weeks carnt you just scoll down)

for the last time.. ign off and on 5 times (within 6 seconds)you'll hear a chime now press any button on the remote (other remotes now if you got them)then ign off and on however your key wont start cos the PATS will have to be proggrammed

Reply to
ford_technical_

"on and off" is this position 1 to 2 or 2 to 3? and that might explain it anyhhoo - mine is the CL - bottom of the range I think, but it does have aircon and the heated front screen so I cant see someone leaving remote CL out on the spec list. Any way of checking if its fitted?

Reply to
Staffbull

Ignition on/off (8 times IIRC), until either door locks cycle or the PATS light starts flashing at a different rate (can't remember what on it is on the focus), leave ignition on and press any button on the remote. Door locks should cycle or the PATS light flash again.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

In message , ford_technical_ writes

You don't know how many times you've said this here? Well let me help you. Google archives reckon that this is the second time. The previous time was on March 17th. Now I don't know about the original poster but I only keep about 7 days worth of postings before they are automatically expired so perhaps he is to be forgiven for not seeing your posting of almost a month ago.

Still, its nice to see that you have maintained the same abrasive posting style that you use on the FFOC forums coupled with your need to trumpet your Ford technician (Mastertech on FFOC) status.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Still, its nice to see that you have maintained the same abrasive posting style that you use on the FFOC forums coupled with your need to

trumpet your Ford technician (Mastertech on FFOC) status.

Strange !! if I was that peeved at posting on a forum I just wouldnt post. Is it me ??? :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

Ignition on/off (8 times IIRC), until either door locks cycle or the PATS light starts flashing at a different rate (can't remember what on it is on the focus), leave ignition on and press any button on the remote. Door locks should cycle or the PATS light flash again.

Cheers M8 - will try it, but sods law says that the model I have dont have RCL !!!! - could I fit a remote kit from ebay to the drivers door lock to power all the solenoids? I did this sucessfully on my old pajero but there was loads of room in the door for the extra solenoid.

Reply to
Staffbull

sorry if i was a bit harsh before, the remote c/l comes standard on the LX , zetec, and ghia not sure about the CL look in the drivers footwell for the large black GEM module this controls the alarm and central locking/remote if theres no large module there then you carnt proggramme it

to paul, i didnt know that your posts delete after 7 days mine stay on longer ive never said that im a mastertech (and no im not) i might of said i work in a main dealer, i dont think i post in a abrasvise manner just try to give helpfull advice are you sure its me and not someone else?

Reply to
ford_technical_

look in the drivers footwell for the large black GEM module this controls the alarm and central locking/remote if theres no large module there then you carnt proggramme it

Will have a peep once its stopped pi55ing down !! I reckon its not there as I cant make the "bong" noise required to program it regardless of the switch off and on shinnanigans :-)

Reply to
Staffbull