Ford Fiesta Heater problems

I have a T reg 1.3 encore. The heater permanently pumps hot air into the car, even when set on cold. I don't know if it's relevant, but the temp guage has always been a little erratic - sometimes barely rising, other times just a little below half way. Has anybody any ideas ?

Reply to
lilyjoey

That'll be the valve type gadget - a common fault on them. Don't know how expensive or easy it is to fix as I never bothered on my Mk5 W reg Fiesta van that I had.

I've got loads of ideas. Many other people do too, so yes.

About your question then - you say it's erratic - it wouldn't happen to rise when you're sat in traffic, would it? Temperature gauges do that.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Maybe also an air lock, or a stuck thermostat ?

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Sounds like your thermostat is stuck open, so the engine is never warming up properly. Check just inside the oil filler cap for a mayonnaise like substance - thats what happened to my K plate fiesta.

The other symptom was that the hot air from the heater was not as hot as it used to be, if that makes sense.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Ellis