Ford KA suspension noise

My ford Ka has stated making a 'creaky bed spring' noise whenever the front suspension is highly compressed - going over a speed bump for instance. General road use is fine, but the noise concerns me. I can't make it creak by bouncing the front of the car when parked, it takes a big road bump when in motion. Is this something I should take to my local garage for a check, or wait until the next service? I have noticed that wet weather seems to alleviate the noise. The Ka's only done 17k.

Thanks Gaz

Reply to
gary

Sounds like the Ford Creaking Bush sndrome...

Reply to
Phil Howard

Dry rubber bush.

Reply to
Nuckfut

In message , Phil Howard writes

That's what I reckon but someone else here reckoned it was the lower arm to hub balljoint.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Lower arm to hub balljoint. make a little nick in the ball joint cover and give it some WD40. (Yes I know if its not that then its goodbye eventually to the balljoint, but it worked on mine).

Reply to
John Woodhall

Mine creaks too.. I've been told its a load of things.. the garage I took it to have it serviced (yea lazy I know but I didnt have time to do it myself this time) said it was a ball joint somewhere.. but hopefully when the weather gets wetter itll loosen up and go away.. I hope!!

Reply to
Ben Organ

I had the same problem, got slowly worse, ended up having a new lower arm in which the balljoint is integrated. As good as new now.

Moby.

Reply to
Moby