tacho drift

Hi, All I have a 1995 astra 1.7 low blow diesel. the revs on the tacho drift around a bit and are a 150 or so revs low. Does anyone have any ideas ? I thought it might be something to do wit the alternator.

thanks Jim

Reply to
jim

How did you check it is 150 rpm low? If you had a way of checking a pulse counting instrument this accurately, surely you'd be able to work out whether it or the alternator was at fault?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Like a slack fanbelt?

Reply to
Nuckfut

Indeed driven from the alternator- so check the drive belt isnt slipping. If the belt is slack, then the drift would tend to me more at higher revs or with a high electrical load- when the belt is more likely to slip

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..