Help! Ford Sierra Bonnet will not unlatch

Hi, Please could someone advise me how I can get my bonnet (hood) open. I have a 1992 (J) Ford Sierra and the release mechanism has stopped working so when I pull the orange lever under the steering colunn, the bonnet catch does not unlock any more. Is there a trick that I can use to override the mechanism and get the bonnet up - and then I will have a real good look at the temperamental catch !!

Being such an old car, it won't be long before I next need to get to the lump !!!

Thanks in advance

Steve

steveharvey [at] dsl [dot] pipex [dot] com

Reply to
Steve Harvey

I dunno whether this might work on a Sierra, but I've found that on some cars in this situation it helps if someone presses down on the front of the bonnet (then relieves his pressure) whilst the release lever is pulled.

Reply to
DB.

this should work otherwise it may be that the cable has stretched and it wil need replacing get underneat the car and look from underneath the bumper into the centre you hsould be able to see the catch and if it is moving or not if it's moving you can get a screwdriver up there to help it along a bit and once it's open, get it all checked out

Reply to
dojj